Travelling to Italy
The "Covid Questionnaire", a platform provided by the Italian authorities, allows you to check whether and under what conditions you can enter Italy.
As a general rule, the following entry requirements apply:
- All travellers must complete the digital Passenger Registration Form (https://app.euplf.eu/) prior to departure.
- Travellers must be able to present one of the following medical certificates upon arrival in Italy:
- a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular test, issued within 48 hours before arrival.
- a COVID-19 recovery certificate
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate stating that the person has been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival.
all documents must be in English, French, Italian or Spanish
Travelers arriving from certain countries may be subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival or to other restrictions.
Travelling inside Italy
As of September 1, 2021, Italian Authorities have established the mandatory requirement of a EU Digital Covid Certificate (“Green Pass”), for any person aged 12 and above wishing to board airplanes, ships and ferries for inter-regional transportation, high speed trains, buses for inter-regional transportation and chartered buses with driver.
The certificate must show proof of either having received one dose of vaccine; or of a negative result of a molecular or antigenic test carried out in the previous 48 hours; or of having recovered from Covid-19 in the previous 6 months. Please note that a certificate proving that you have received the first dose of a two-dose vaccine (meaning that you are waiting for the second dose) will not be enough to enter Italy from abroad. Such a certificate is valid only once in Italy.
At the conference venue
- it is recommended to respect a social distancing of at least 1 meter
- mask must always be worn when inside a building
- all participants are required to possess and show upon request a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate (“Green Pass”) or a Certification of exemption for vaccination against Covid19
You can check the validity of your EU Digital COVID Certificate with the VerificaC19 app that you can download from the Appstore (https://apps.apple.com/app/verificac19/id1565800117) or Playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.ministerodellasalute.verificaC19) .